Moncks Corner

Moncks Corner

Moncks Corner began in the early 1700s as a trading post named for landowner Thomas Monck. Significant growth occurred in the latter part of the 1800s when Northeastern Railroad laid tracks through the community. The train depot became the center of the new town which was chartered as a municipality in 1885. Today, Moncks Corner is the home of the corporate office for Santee Cooper, Cypress Gardens, Mepkin Abbey and Old Santee Canal Park making it a great place to live, work and play.

Return to Neighborhoods