46-48 Smith Street
Charleston, SC 29401
Listing ID 20008064
- status: Active Contingent
- bedrooms: 12
- total baths: 7.5
- full baths: 6
- half baths: 3
- square ft: 12,610
- acres: 0.59
- county: Charleston
- year built: 1938
- property type: Single Family Attached
Excellent development opportunity in Harleston Village. 46-48 Smith Street is a beautiful old property consisting of .59 acres with 5 buildings: a brick and wooden frame historic house and newer structures along both side perimeters. It has experienced no flooding during recent storms. It has been an income producing property, and is zoned DR-1F, which allows for some further development. It could be developed for multiple fee simple sales.The current configuration includes:* 48 D&E Smith Street, a lovely old stucco-over-brick building, is currently used as the owner's residence. It was originally a duplex with a 2 bedroom, 1.5 bath unit plus a 2 bedroom, 1 bath unit. A wall was removed to create the larger 2948 sqft. home, but could be added back to return the structure to a duplexStriking architectural elements such as exposed brick walls, ceiling beams, crown molding, and a central fireplace lend a sense of historic charm.
* 48 C Smith Street is a 2 bedroom, 1 bath, 1110 sqft. 2-story brick single family home. It also has exposed brick walls, ceiling beams, hardwood floors, and 2 cozy (non-working) fireplaces.
* 46 Smith Street is a c. 1970 2 bedroom, 1.5 bath, 1260 sqft. single family home with hardwood floors.
* 46 A&B Smith Street is a wooden double house with front porch. The duplex contains 2 2 bedroom, 1.5 bath units. Each has 1408 sqft.
The property also includes 3 carports and a small play house, along with plenty of space for lawns and gardens. Off-street parking for 18 cars is permitted.
Note the 4733 sqft. main historic house at 48 Smith Street burned in 2017. It is included in the total square footage of the property, but excluded from the number of bedrooms, bathrooms, and rental units. This is an AS IS, WHERE IS sale.
Listed by: Disher Hamrick & Myers Res Inc
The data relating to real estate for sale on our web site comes in part from the Broker Reciprocity Program of the Charleston Trident Multiple Listing Service.
INFORMATION DEEMED RELIABLE BUT NOT GUARANTEED.
Copyright Charleston Trident Multiple Listing Service, Inc. All rights reserved.